Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 3 You might be a redneck if

You make these cookies
Potato Chip Cookies
2 c oleo (I love that) aka margarine
1 c sugar
3 c flour
3 tsp vanilla
2 c crushed potato chips
1 c nuts
Drop by the spoonfuls and flatten with spatula before baking. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 mins. Makes 7 dozen

The changes I made was first I cut in half. I creamed margarine and sugar first. I had another potato chip recipe that said use butter so I did half and half. They do not need to be flattened with a spatula and that didn't really work anyway I didn't add the nuts. The other recipe said to sprinkle with sugar after you take them out of the oven. I think that might be a good idea.

I found this in a recipe in a cookbook my old work had made. The funny thing is two people felt the need to put in this recipe. I just keep thinking about some poor family in the 70's really want cookies but they don't have any money for chocolate chips so the mom says I know I will use potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment