Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2

I had a family emergency so no time to go to the store for ingredients. That's when I seen the recipe in my Better Homes and Garden cookbook for shortbread. I think it turned out pretty good. In fact it is so good, I need to wear some plaid.

1 1/4 c flour

3 tbs sugar

1/2 c butter

Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Form mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.

To make wedges, on a ungreased cookie sheet pat or roll the dough into a 8 inch circle. they made scalloped in the cook book but I didn't mess around with that. Cut into 16 pie wedges. Leave in the circle shape. Bake 25 to 30 mins or until bottom starts to brown and center is set. Cut into wedges again while warm. Cool on sheet 5 min. Remove from sheet and let cool. I think you could make the dough in a food processor. I seen it on line after I did mine. Oh well live and learn.





No comments:

Post a Comment