Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 10 1001 Cookie Starter Recipe

I had mentioned earlier in my blog that I wanted to do this. So I went ahead and made this starter. I measured out what I need for the first cookie I want to make. I want to make the pinwheels first. This is on the Domino Sugar web sight. I am not doing this cookie today.
• 5 cups - all-purpose flour
• 3 3/4 cups - Domino® Granulated Sugar
• 2 tablespoons - baking powder
• 2 teaspoons - salt
• 1 1/2 cups - plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
In a 4-quart bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir until thoroughly blended. Add butter and use pastry blender or clean hands to work into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal. Makes 10 cups.
For best results:
• Be sure that your baking powder is less than a month old when putting together the mix.
• If using margarine, do not choose diet, whipped or soft.
• Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Do not press the mix.
• Let Cookie Starter Mix come to room temperature before use.

No comments:

Post a Comment