Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 4 Kiss Cookies


These are my family all time favorite
KISS COOKIES
Ingredients:
2 cups sifted flour
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1 pkg kisses
powder sugar
Directions:
Beat margarine, sugar, vanilla until light and fluffy add sifted flour and nuts, mix well chill dough 30 min shape 1 level tsp around kiss completely bake at 375 10 min do not let get brown roll in powder
I used half margarine and half butter. For some reason, growing up I don't ever remember my mom using butter. So most of her recipes always say margarine or oleo. My nephews told me that not even flies will land on margarine. I keep dipping my fingers in power sugar when putting the dough around the kiss. It makes it easier and if you use powder sugar instead of flour, the cookies will not get tough. I wrap the least amount of dough around the kiss. These cookies are so good that if people gave them as gifts, there would be peace and joy for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment