- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ChoppedWalnuts, toasted
- 24 Walnut Halves
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and vanilla, then walnuts.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press a walnut half in the center of each. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread bottoms of cookies with melted chocolate. Place chocolate side up on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and butter to a boil. Cook and stir 30 seconds. Remove from the heat; cool 5 minutes. Whisk in milk until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Immediately drizzle over top of cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.