Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Cookie Recipe Day 1

Me and my bff work friend (and hopefully guest blogger) went to a Cookie Exchange.  It was at the high school near my work.  It was from 4-7 which was just the right amount of time to make and share the cookies.  Lisa made 2 different kinds.  I made 2 different kinds with Lisa's help with the second one.  Here is my first one.

Chocolate-Raspberry Thumbprints


2 cups  flour


1 tsp.  baking soda


1/4 tsp.  salt


4 squares  BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate


1/2 cup  butter


1 pkg.  (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed, softened


1-1/4 cups  sugar, divided


1 egg


1 tsp.  vanilla


1/3 cup  red raspberry jam

Make It
MIX flour, baking soda and salt. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add cream cheese; stir until completely melted. Stir in 1 cup sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture; mix well. Refrigerate 15 min.
HEAT oven to 375°F. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; coat with remaining sugar. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Press your thumb into center of each ball; fill each indentation with about 1/4 tsp. jam.
BAKE 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 1 min. on baking sheets; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
Who doesn't like a cookie right out of the oven?  Stop!  Don't eat that warm cookie!  In fact put them away until the next day.  When we ate these we were almost ready to spit them out.  I took some to work the next day and tried them again and they were good.  I might make these again but i think I would use preserves or my favorite Solo filling instead of jam.  My picture was bad.  This is from the kraftfoods website. Which is were this recipe is from.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment