Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring assignment: Whiter and Lighter


I am  participating  in Ms Misantropias Whiter and lighter assignment.  This comes at a perfect time for me.  I always like to lose some weight before my birthday.  I can't do anything about getting older but maybe I can do something about my weight.  My husband was the one that kept saying we are going on diets and he had this crazy diet in mind that I am not a fan of.  I have been on all kinds of diets.  Cabbage soup for 7 days, potatoes covered with this dry stuff you add water too, popcorn bars, grapefruit diet, stripping down to bra and panties and being weighed in front of someone (which works) but you have to pay them and they want good money for that etc..

So I cannot zip my jeans without laying down.  In  pure desperation I am doing his diet.  He is not.  He kept giving me one excuse after another.  Its my birthday, I just made a batch of sausage, you just bought 2 cases of beer.  Enough I am doing it.  It is way cheaper then buying new clothes.  I have lost 7 pounds so far!  I am no longer laying down to zip my pants.  I even cheat a little on the weekends and I am still losing weight.

The hardest part for me is the beer.  People that read my blog know how much I love Wisconsin.  Fortunately I work in Wisconsin.  One of the best everyday beers in the world can be bought there.  That beer is Spotted Cow.  I guess it really is a Cask conditioned ale.  Not sure what that means I just seen it on their website.  I love it so much I might write a poem to it.  Ode to Spotted Cow.  That's all I have so far.  Spotted Cow is made in the fair town of New Glarus.  America's Little Switzerland.  The town is adorable.  Life is to short to quit beer altogether.  I have been only drinking one or two a weekend.  This is much better then what I was doing which was one or two a night.  No wonder I had to lay down to get dressed.
I just found this and had to share  http://beermapping.com/l/43013.  You just put in your town and find beer.  They rate the beer too. 


I had to add this photo when I seen it

http://msmisantropia.blogspot.com/2013/03/spring-assignment-whiter-and-lighter.html






4 comments:

  1. Oh God, that stripping down in front of someone to weigh in sounds like the stuff of nightmares! And I've lost 7 pounds too at last WW weigh-in (with clothes). Look at us go! Although the hardest part for me isn't the beer, but the sweets. And the Cheezies. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one good thing about getting older is not obsessing about the weight lost. I am doing it. It’s not a race. My goals are very modest like my first one of zipping my pants. My next goal is tucking in a shirt. Which is probably too hard? I think it has been decades since I have done that. I need a more modest one. Maybe go down a bra size is more doable. If a shirt has buttons, I must sew at least two of them shut and pull it over my head.

      Delete
  2. I hear you girl! Alcohol (red wine and dark brew) is an Achilles heal with me too, and the main reason I've been packing on some pounds over the last 6 months...
    We will have to encourage each other during April!

    ReplyDelete