Thursday, February 14, 2013

Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker

Since sometime middle January there have been so  many over priced cheesy gifts for men to buy for women for Valentines Day.   One of them are Sherry's Berries.  They are beautiful and good for Sherry making a honest living but my husband being practical (cheap) could not believe the $50 price for them.  "I can make those why cheaper that's crazy"  So my daughter and I at the same time "Make those for us for Valentines Day!"  What could he say?  Then yesterday I was at the salon getting my hair done and bragged about my husband making these for me.  One of the stylist said soak them in vodka first.  Genius!  My husband got involved with his prime rib so I made these myself.  All you do is soak the berries in vodka for 24 hours.  Drain and pat dry.  Melt the Bakers chocolate in the micro container that it comes in.  Just follow the directions which is heat 30 seconds stir repeat.  So easy and not messy.
Bought this on clearance.  I knew it would come in handy one day




2 comments:

  1. OMG, those look delicious! Happy Valentine's, Rhonda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker" Ok, that's one of the greatest things I've read lately!

    ReplyDelete