Saturday, September 29, 2012

Halloween Wreath

It looks better in person.  There are black and purple roses with glitter on them to the left. 
I have just pulled out all my Halloween stuff.  I threw all my outside stuff away.  It was so old and worn and to cutesy because when I first bought it all my daughter was very young and was afraid of scary decorations.  I want my front porch to look like a witches kitchen or whatever you would call were she makes her potions.  So far all I have done is put up this wreath that I made last year.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I bought a premade bow because of  many reasons.  The main one being that Micheal's has so many to choose from.  I really like that store.  The Halloween decorations this year are so pretty.  They look Victorian but more sparkly and shining.  People who read my blog know how shiny will get my attention every time.  My mother is the queen of holiday decorating with wreaths.  As her health deteriorate, it still allows her to make her house festive.  They are so lightweight.  My mom showed me this trick.  I tied fishing line around the top of the wreath.  I opened the door and put a thumbtack at the top in the middle.  Even though the door is steel, in the middle is something softer maybe wood or fiberglass.  Then I just played with the length of the fishing line until it hung perfectly in the middle of the front storm door window.  When it comes to packing away the wreath, just hang it on a hook in the back of a closet or whatever. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I bought black and purple sparkly leaves for this year's Hallowe'en wreath at Michael's (along with many other things!) :D

    ReplyDelete