Sunday, August 12, 2012

I did bad, bad thing!

I almost did a bad thing.  My husband is the least reckless person in the world except for (marrying me).  He called JULIE that is the utility company.  Not sure what it stands for.  They came out and painted in bright orange where I should not dig and I kinda of sorta maybe went in that area.  I am digging (and not very deep) and come across a white wire.  I panicked and threw the clumps of dirt back in.  Then I thought, okay I know where the wire is so I took the clumps back out very carefully with my hands and put a daisy in the hole and stuck this sunshine lawn decoration thing in it to remind me to leave that spot alone.  Like somebody else who shall remain nameless is also crossing her finger's that responsible husband does not read this blog! 
                                                                               Bad Daisey and (good sweet mint)

                                               Good Daisey, Rose of Sharron and peppermint (not the sweet mint)

Okay I also did  good thing.  One of my new plants is sweet mint.  Its just like the mint my great-grandma use to grow and make tea out of.  I trimmed it and had a few leaves.  I was going to dry the leaves out but a Vodka Mojito was calling my name.  Here is the recipe.  Not sure GG would approve but why start now!
                             Its a beautiful thing!  I want another one but I don't know if I will kill my new plant! 

Vodka Mojito

  • 2 1/2 oz vodka
  • 3 fresh mint springs (or 5 little ones)
  • 2 tbsp sugar (or 1 tried both ways might split the difference next time)
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice
  • ginger ale (or sprite or tonic water)

directions

  • 1
    Muddle Mint, sugar, lime & lemon
  • 2
    Fill shaker with ice. Add muddled ingredients (or muddle in shaker), ice, vodka & top with ginger ale. Shake.
  • 3
    Makes 1 drink.
 recipe with slight changes from http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1285747-Vodka-Mojito?full_recipe=true


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm ... Vodka Mojito.

    Hey, you should use your excellent cement cross/moss idea, and put it over The Spot Where You Should Not Dig. It's hard to move a cement cross, right? ;o)

    ReplyDelete