Saturday, August 25, 2012

Goth Garden


I am just in the planning stage of my Goth Garden.  I really want a grotto.  I find them romantic and mystical.  I have been searching on line for ideas.  Mostly they are so grand that I would need a lifetime to make one.  Fortunately many Catholics make these Mary shrines in their yards.  They seem doable.  I found these photos.

This would look pretty in the white garden but one grotto seems hard enough but you never know.
 This one looks so pagan which I think my garden might end up looking like.  We will see.
 This looks like a project I could rope the husband into doing I mean help me to do.
Darn I don't have a tree stump
  I don't really like the shrine but the statue is cool
       I like this one a lot.  A moss covered cross would look awesome!
 Okay this is kinda of tacky but kind of cute at the same time.  I better stop now!

2 comments:

  1. Number 1 and Number 6 are my favourites! I hope you pick one of those to rope - oops, I mean ask - your husband to help you with! I actually like that last one, too. It's almost like a little dollhouse, isn't it?

    I think I may even ask the spouse about the possibility of something similar to Number 1 in our own yard ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like number one too. There is a huge Mexican population in my neighborhood and a few of them have something similar in their yards. I don't know if they would think I was crazy if I knocked on their door and asked where they got them or if they know someone who builds these.

    ReplyDelete