Tuesday, November 1, 2016

"Day of the Dead"

I just started collecting Day of the Dead figures. They are small clay figures called Muñecas.
 I don't know alot about them except that I like them. 



The Blue Devil is from "Incipient Wings Studio"
www.marfibradford.blogspot.com
I love him!

These are made by the Mexican Folk Artist "Josefina Aguilar"




I do not know who the artist is of the smaller ones.
I wanted to show this one with the head in the basket.
Not sure what it means? Maybe we all morn in our own way?

This does have some initials on it. My husband wanted this one.
We did not realize he had been
broken and repaired. My husband was a little angry about that.
He is not the same scale as my other ones but I let him buy it anyways.

I know this is not Day of the Dead but I wanted to show him off. This was given to us by my husbands aunt.
It is signed but I had a hard time reading it.
I think the artisit is also well know. I will have to look into it.
I hope you enjoyed my Day of the Dead post. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks - we have a lot of these cropping up all over town. Glad to know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these guys! All of them are so cool and unique. Maybe I should craft some of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Collection of Dia de los Muertos Folk Art you have! I just added to mine this year with a large Catrina Woman and Catrina Cat. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice collection, Rhonda! And how nice that the spouse participates in adding to it ... takes away some of the guilt. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all!!! They are very cool and unique! I am jealous you have a piece from Incipient Wings!!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete